Lois Griffin is Peter's sandwich-nosed, whiny-voiced wife and daughter of the extremely wealthy Pewterschmidts. Born Lois Pewterschmidt, she met Peter when he was employed as a towel boy. Her father tried to bribe Peter with $1,000,000 in order to break up their romance, but Peter's love was so great that he turned down the money. She lives at 31 Spooner Street with Peter and their 3 children.
- Once went on a date with Quagmire
- She makes a Beef-a-roni casserole that's out of this world.
- At one point in her life worked in a circus sideshow, where she was apparently a dwarf-like creature who used a trampoline and shouted "Me Likey Bouncy!"
- She was selected for an Olympic diving team, but ended up being pregnant with Meg instead.
- A couple hints are given throughout the show that she may be bisexual, one of them being when she kissed Meg's girlfriend.
- In one episode she hints that she may be a lesbian by saying, "Woman are such teasers. That's why I went back to men"