Hey all! I'm currently gathering feedback regarding the upcoming change to the desktop skin, called FandomDesktop, to help me understand any of the concerns and issues this community may face due to this change, so they can be properly addressed during testing and before we get to rollout. The change is introduced at large in this staff blog, which I advise everyone to read if you haven't already.
Some notable points:
- Light and Dark modes - A wiki can basically have two theme options, and users can pick their preference. Admins will be able to style both in ThemeDesigner.
- Fluid width - The content area can be expanded, and the right rail can also be collapsed, for a wider article page. This too will be user preference.
- Global navigation - Instead of being on the top as it is now, it will be placed as a narrow bar on the left.
- Local top navigation - This will now scroll with you as you move down the page, so you don't have to scroll back to the top to access the wiki's main navigate.
- Header - Backgrounds are basically being replaced with a wide top header image.
While some of these changes will be more significant than others, any and all thoughts or feedback or concerns you have about this, either good and bad, I would love to hear them! Hoping to hear back from you all, and if you ave any questions about anything, just ask.