Hi, welcome to Family Guy Wiki. Thanks for your edit to the The Giggity Wife/References page. Please take a moment and review the Family Guy Wiki:Policies and guidelines which contains most of the important ground rules for edits.
I wanted to advise that per the editing policy above, mentioning Glee on this Wiki is not a true reference. Wikipedia may have "Cultural References" but a reference here is something imitated in other media, be it actions, dialog or a title. At best, mentioning the name of something would be a note. --Buckimion (talk) 21:41, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, welcome to Family Guy Wiki. Thanks for your edit to the Peter Griffin page. Please take a moment and review the Family Guy Wiki:Policies and guidelines which contains most of the important ground rules for edits.
I have it on good authority that there is no additional footage not shown in the USA. If you wish to make such an assertion, you must provide a link to video proof. --Buckimion (talk) 00:54, June 7, 2013 (UTC)
- "Not unique in concept"? What kind of bullshit is that? Name me one other group that is a band, centered around children, and features four members in turtlenecks colored yellow, blue, red, and purple. One that isn't The Turtlenecks.
- And also, what the hell was this for? I provided a statement on why this claim was false, and you undo it with no actual reasoning behind it.
- From one admin (albeit on another wiki) to another, I'd appreciate it if you actually acted like one. Aidanzapunk (talk) 23:56, April 17, 2020 (UTC)
- Are you blind? You can see the finger! (I should also point out that Seth MacFarlane also acknowledged it on Twitter. I found it while perusing his feed.) And groups with different colored outfits (including bands) have been around for ages. It's the same damn concept behind Teletubbies and even Power Rangers. As the admin HERE, maybe you should stick to your own area of expertise and take your personal opinions and assumptions with you. --Buckimion (talk) 00:51, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
- I've provided a visual for the finger. I zoomed in completely (via this photo editing website that I've used for years and is a very good poor man's photoshop), leaving little to no room for error. (EDITOR'S NOTE: You edit conflicted me as I was writing this. While I still present my findings in the edited image provided, I acknowledge the fact that Seth acknowledged the error, and admit to not knowing that beforehand, so apologies on my part.)
- As for the Wiggles, neither of your comparisons are valid: the Teletubbies are decidedly not the same colors as the Wiggles, as one is green (nor are any of them even human), and the Power Rangers are A. not directed at the same demographic as either the Wiggles or the Teletubbies, and B. a five-person group. I present facts, and would like you to acknowledge them as facts. Though they are presently not an admin now, you're not the first Wikia admin to call me out on "opinions" - do learn what that word actually means. Aidanzapunk (talk) 01:03, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
- (Let's calm down a moment / Going back to "12 and a Half Angry Men/Goofs") Although your illustration didn't help me, taking a new look at it perhaps I can now see the end of the cigarette being with different lighting than the part that inconveniently just happens to be where his finger is. Originally, Seth chalked it up to overlapping animation just as he did here. It may have been intentional shadow and Seth was wrong. As for the latter argument, I'm not convinced that the color choices/band makeup were intentional. This is why I want solid proof from staff that The Wiggles are the intended reference. Until then, I'm trying to work out wording noting a similarity without such proof. --Buckimion (talk) 03:14, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
- I think we can both agree that, in both of these situations, having Seth comment on either is the only way this thing can be solved. However, in regards to the Wiggles (which I, while admitting to there being no factual proof, can still solidly say why I made the connection, due to the fact that I very distinctly remember the Wiggles from my childhood and understandably made a connection between two similar vibes), if you are, as you say, "trying to work out wording noting a similarity without such proof," then might I suggest taking the initial wording that I put in, adding in the word "possible", and putting this whole thing behind us, eh? I wholly apologize for edit warring (as I mentioned, I am a fellow admin, so I know the difficulties of dealing with a user who fails to keep things outside of an edit war), as well as my earlier temper—surely you can understand how frustrating it can be to deal with someone removing a valid edit with little to no explanation. Whether or not this leads to a shortening of my block is up to you, but also know that I am in no way pushing for such. Aidanzapunk (talk) 04:39, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
That most recent edit of mine...
Are you kidding me? I fix a linking issue and you guys block me for "removing content"? This was me changing a URL link someone put in the trivia, and I fixed it to have it link to the page itself using proper format, and you immediately fire back and block me for removing content? I'd like an explanation, please, because clearly, something isn't adding up. Aidanzapunk (talk) 04:31, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
I have told you repeatedly to leave stuff alone that isn't misspelled. The link works as designed and it is simply bull to change it to 'your' prefered method. Buckimion (talk) 12:34, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- I think it's more bull to be an abusive admin (with a picture of God with a sniper on their profile page front and center, might I add) who orders people around and tells them what they can and can't edit. I fixed a link to a page, for Christ's sake, I didn't make an outrageous claim or directly call you out on your asinine behavior (which, quite frankly, I should've done a long time ago). This isn't even exclusively my "preferred" method (nice spelling there, by the way), it saves on bits on a page to directly link to a page inside of the wiki itself rather than to have a URL that takes up more space than is necessary. You're better than this. Aidanzapunk (talk) 16:11, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- I fix an error in a link, get blocked for a completely unfair and illegitimate reason, and you're asking me to apologize? I will apologize for the Wiggles fiasco (and, if you want to go back that far, I can apologize for the Cheesie Charlie's bit too), but I will not apologize for calling someone out on their bull when they're flat out being a dictator. You're an admin too—you don't have to keep someone who continuously does this as a fellow staff member. Aidanzapunk (talk) 18:40, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
Buckimion has been actively editing on this site for over 10 years and without him this wiki would go to hell due to vandals and 5th grade grammar editors, and there’s also the fact that if not for him I wouldn’t of become an admin in Early 2019 on this wiki anyhow. He simply asked you not to do something, and you suggest that I “don’t have to keep him around”? Lol. Keep dreaming -TyeTheDye75 (talk) 18:50, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Wiki experience means nothing, an abusive admin is an abusive admin, full stop. Aidanzapunk (talk) 18:57, 19 November 2020 (UTC)