Hi, welcome to Family Guy Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Patrick Warburton page.
We don't permit links to Wikipedia here. Either use a professional source, or check to see if we have already created a page, such as for Penguin. In addition, he's already mentioned on the Notes page. --Buckimion (talk) 00:00, June 27, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm going to report your behavior to Wikia for abuse. Your user page was a giant red flag (admins with something like "I have a low tolerance for BS" are usually very block-happy and short-tempered), but your undoing of my edits without an explanation in the summary or without even attempting to contact me to discuss why I was wrong shows me that you're not fit to have your powers.
- You blocked my user name AND my IP address yet the block blurb (and your user page) states to contact you to discuss it. I can only edit my own talk page, which you probably won't even read. For future reference, this would push someone FURTHER to report your behavior to Wikia staff. Here is a list of my issues with you so far:
- 1) You claimed that I initiated an "edit war," but it is my understanding that an edit war involves repeated and unexplained reversions by a user. I only undid your edit on Road to Rupert once.
- 2) Cold Case and Without a Trace are two different shows and are supposed to be separated by commas. This is supported by this wiki's own editing policy page, which states that articles should be formatted correctly and use proper grammar.
- 3) If you wanted me to add the Bandit's quote to the quotes page, you should have mentioned that in the summary. It's not even clear what differentiates quotes, notes, and references, which can confuse users and spur "edit wars."
- 4) Users don't seem to get any notifications when an edit is made to their talk page. This is communication fog and encourages "edit wars" and unnecessary blocks.
- 5) "Teddie" is not correct; the correct spelling is "teddy," it's a nickname for Theodore and it's what Rupert is.
- 6) These edits I made were all good faith, you reverted them without an explanation and when I undid your edits WITH an explanation you blocked me for 3 days. This isn't okay. Why would anyone want to come back to edit if they have to avoid trigger-happy administrators the whole time? BNK [E|T|C] 17:52, July 2, 2020 (UTC)
1 - If you want to put things back in after they were removed without asking "why?", you are edit warring. You don't get to shove things though, good faith or not.
2 - I admitted after reviewing the whole page that the show titles needed correcting and were reinstated before you had to say something. I never altered the above statement.
3 - Insisting on the whole quote on the Notes page is unnecessary. As with #2, the issue has been taken out of your hands.
4 - Not my fault you don't get notifications. Bonus - I never blocked you from communicating. Blame the tinkermonkeys.
5 - Teddie is an acceptable diminutive, like it or not.
6 - See #1. This isn't your first block either.
- Yikes, doesn't the editing policy require users to be at least 13 years old? That's extremely immature and unbecoming of an admin.
- "1 - If you want to put things back in after they were removed without asking "why?", you are edit warring. You don't get to shove things though, good faith or not."
- The burden of explanation is on the one who undoes the edit. Almost your entire contributions log is reverting edits without any explanation, and looking at Cal-Boy's talk page shows that you've had run-ins with good faith users before and blocked them when you got mad. No one is "shoving things through" but you, you're the one reverting edits to what you approve of and blocking users who try to change them.
- "2 - I admitted after reviewing the whole page that the show titles needed correcting and were reinstated before you had to say something. I never altered the above statement."
- You reverted the edit where I changed the titles with no explanation, then changed it back after I explained my edit. Nice try.
- "3 - Insisting on the whole quote on the Notes page is unnecessary. As with #2, the issue has been taken out of your hands."
- It's incorrect to leave out bits of the quote, though. The purpose of a wiki's page is to inform readers, incomplete quotes are misleading regardless of where they are.
- "4 - Not my fault you don't get notifications. Bonus - I never blocked you from communicating. Blame the tinkermonkeys."
- You did, as I cannot edit any talk pages but my own, and you don't get any notification when I do respond to your posts. "Blame the tinkermonkeys" is not a valid rebuttal either, it's just lazy and the problem appears to be exclusive to this wiki. As a bureaucrat you should at least try to fix something as major as not getting notifications on talk pages and misleading blurbs, it's bad enough blocked users can't even protest their block.
- "5 - Teddie is an acceptable diminutive, like it or not."
- It's not. At best it's a baby boy's name, but there are no sources which confirm it as a legitimate substitute for "teddy bear," the actual name of Rupert's kind. "Teddie" doesn't magically become correct because you say so. Even "bear" would be better, but then you'd probably say "bayer" would be an "acceptable diminutive" based on your own, unfounded decree.
- "6 - See #1. This isn't your first block either."
- This is my first block on this wiki, and I was referring to your behavior in the relevant space as an administrator. Additionally your block was much more recent than my last one, and your block was made after users here complained about you. You're consistently impetuous and rash on other wikis according to complaints from within the last two years. Nice red herring though.
- "I will now kindly invite you to edit elsewhere when your block is over."
- Again, what makes you think this is constructive? Did you really just throw "well if you don't like it, then leave" at me as a parting shot? How can you expect anyone to try to reason with you if you're going to be immature about it? My question still stands about why a user would want to return to this wiki with you raging around blocking people and telling them to leave if they don't like it. BNK [E|T|C] 20:43, July 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Also another heads up, I checked out my 2016 block (I didn't even notice it). Two weeks for changing an image's position, something that could have just been reverted. And you seem to be the only admin here, so you're doing a weird power-tripping-only-sheriff-in-town thing. More evidence I shared with Wikia staff. I hope they can do something about you soon, I'm honestly not even sure how they let you run amok here for so long. BNK [E|T|C] 19:20, July 4, 2020 (UTC)
I had hoped a nice holiday weekend could put a little chill into things around here, maybe even ignore each other for a while, but you are just going to keep pushing that button. You forget that I don't need ANY reason to boot you permanently, which is where we're at.
We even got an on-air shout-out in "You Can't Handle the Booth!" without your help: